Lori and the Llama

Lori and the Llama

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

First item crossed off the travel list

As we get closer to the 3-month countdown, I need to start knocking a few things off my list of necessities for the trip.  To escape the slush from the blizzard that hit NY this week, I stopped in the Lululemon in Union Square.  I love Lululemon, but have never been able to bring myself to spend the money on their overpriced yoga and running gear.  However, this year is about changes, and my mentality has to change to. So, spending $100 on the prettiest shirt I've ever seen, that I'll be literally living in the entire month of April when I travel around Patagonia, is completely worth it.  Plus some woman in the dressing room told me I looked adorable, so I had to get it! 
Here is a list of the items I think I need at this point.  Please, feel free to tell me anything I've missed or anything that's completely unnecessary (minus the travel Scattegories.  I think that's COMPLETELY necessary!)

Backpack
DSLR Camera - Nikon D40?
Mini Spanish book
New winter coat. Maybe the one that heats itself if I can justify the $400 pricetag.
New polarized sunglasses
Sleeping bag?
high SPF sunscreen
hand sanitizer
bug spray
Fast drying towel
hiking shoes
locks
inflatable travel pillow
waterless soap (and shampoo?)
flashlight
adaptor
first aid kit
anything else I can justify from Lululemon
Cards
Travel Scattegories
Kindle? Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment