Lori and the Llama

Lori and the Llama

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A collection of quotes

Here's a little collection of quotes I love that seem to be appropriate for this blog:

We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -Joseph Campbell

One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. 'Which road do I take?' she asked. 'Where do you want to go?' was his response. 'I don't know,' Alice answered. 'Then,' said the cat, 'it doesn't matter.' -Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland 

"You pile up enough tomorrow and you'll be left with nothing but a bunch of empty yesterdays.  I don't know about you, but I'd like to make today worth remembering." -Meredith Wilson

"The real voyage of discovery is not about seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes." -Marcel Proust

Seasons change. So do cities. People come into your life and go, but it's comforting to know: the ones you love are always in your heart and if you're lucky, a plane ride away. -Michael Patrick King

The important thing is this: To be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become.

Not all who wander are lost. -Life is Good

I saw that my life was a vast empty glowing page and I could do anything I wanted. -Jack Kerouac

Dreams do come true, if only we wish hard enough. You can have anything in life if you will sacrifice everything else for it. -James M. Barrie

Destiny is no matter of chance. It is a matter of choice: it is not a thing to be waited for; it is a thing to be achieved. - William Jennings Bryan

The woman who follows the crowd will usually go no farther than the crowd.
The woman who walks alone is likely to find herself in places no one has ever been before. –Albert Einstein

Two paths diverged in a wood, and I-/ I took the one less traveled by/ And that has made all the difference. -Robert Frost, "The Road Less Traveled"

Moving on is a simple thing it's leaving behind that’s hard. –Dave Mustaine


No comments:

Post a Comment