Lori and the Llama

Lori and the Llama

Saturday, August 27, 2011

I know everything happens for a reason, but...

Ok, so...as you all know, a whole bunch of things happened that caused me to cut my trip short. I come home, and end up getting to go to Seattle to visit an old friend that I haven't seen in 10 years - and a hurricane hits. I was rebooked THREE times today for my flight tomorrow morning, before my flight was canceled altogether.

So I've decided that for whatever reason, god is trying to tell me to be at home with my family and Foxy so we can all die together in the Category 2 hurricane that's making it's way to NY.


I'm not actually trying to be melodramatic here, but I'm actually really scared. A lot of my friends had to evacuate already, and people like my grandma, who live TWO BLOCKS from the Atlantic Ocean, refuse to leave their homes and I'm scared for them. I think in a way it's actually better if I'm here because if something does happen, well - I think it would be worse if I had made it out to Seattle, or heard about it while on my way back from Colombia. So let's cross our fingers and hope for the best...

No comments:

Post a Comment