Lori and the Llama

Lori and the Llama

Monday, August 8, 2011

Lost Girls

I realized I never officially posted the link, since I had kept my whole trip a secret for a good 5 months beforehand. So here is a link to the website I was featured on!
http://www.lostgirlsworld.com/2010/12/lost-girl-of-the-week-lori-kessler/

"The Lost Girls" is a blog written by 3 girls, all from NY, who worked in advertising and publishing and decided to all quit their jobs and take a round-the-world trip a few years back. They wrote a blog while they were on the road which got a huge following, and when they got back they turned into a book (http://www.amazon.com/Lost-Girls-Friends-Continents-Unconventional/dp/0061689076/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1312781028&sr=1-2). 

"The Lost Girls" is a term describing both their own uncertainty about the future and an emotional state.   I already knew I wanted some sort of major life change before reading this, but it totally encouraged me to be brave enough to take the leap and not worry about the consequences when I returned.

Quote from the book: "Up until then, we'd successfully hit the milestones that are supposed to give young women a sense of purpose: Moving away from Mom and Dad.  Graduating from college. Getting our first jobs. Falling in love.  But as we rocketed toward the next major stage (the one involving mortgages, marriages, and 2.2 children), we all wondered: were the paths that we were heading down the right ones for us - or were we simply staying the course because we thought we should?(I) was the road most frequently traveled the one that we wanted to follow?"



So true, so true. 

So anyway, the girls still keep a blog now, and they feature a 'Lost Girl of the Week'. Lost Girl's are anyone who is doing something in a similar fashion, and you can submit to be a Lost Girl. I read the book, loved it, and was a Lost Girl in December!  I am back in NY now so no longer 'lost', so to speak, but I love that I got to be a part of this!

No comments:

Post a Comment